Chamberlin-Washington, Inc. was founded in 1898, originally incorporated as ACME Weatherstripping Company, and later to Chamberlin Company of America. The company based their home offices in Detroit, Michigan and had over 100 branches throughout the U.S.
In the early years, Chamberlin was a pioneer in the research and development of more efficient weatherstripping in an effort to conserve energy. The company previously designed, engineered, produced and installed various types of windows, awnings and metal weatherstripping for commercial and residential customers.
In 1975, Chamberlin-Washington was re-incorporated in the District of Columbia, in which the incorporation remains today.